January and February are the months commonly known for influenca. Other than going to the doctor and wait in the line in pharmacy, what can you do to prevent catching a cold, allergies or respiratory system diseases. One of your biggest concerns should be the filthy HVAC system.
Here is what the numbers show:
1. A filthy HVAC system is the cause of more than 50% of illnesses.
2. People spend most of their time at home, so the chances of getting sick are higher because indoor air is 5 times more polluted than the outdoor air.
3. Dust mite populations increase rapidly in case your ducts are filthy. Each female can increase the population by 30 mites per week. In case you have been wondering, one teaspoon of dust can contain up to 1000 dust mites.
4. If your HVAC isn’t functioning properly, you might be breading radon. Radon is a radioactive gas that can cause serious health problems.
5. Average 6 room home 40 pounds of dust is created annually.
6. Exposure to dust, mites, and dander causes about 200.000 emergency medical cases a year. People with asthma are especially endangered.
To prevent potential health dangerous situations and keep your family healthy, you can always call your local HVAC technician. Regular control of humidity levels, changing filters, leaking proofs, and cleaning pipes and ducts will make your home a healthy living environment.